Notes - Approved

Meeting Notes

NAME OF COUNCIL/TEAM: Executive Leadership Team
OBJECTIVE OF MEETING: Stuff
DATE OF MEETING: 03/17/2021
TIME: 01:00-03:00 pm
LOCATION/ROOM #: Zoom: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/92686167178
CALL-IN NUMBER:1 253 215 8782
CALL-IN CODE: 926 8616 7178
FACILITATOR(S): Melanie Dixon
ASSISTANT: Sue McCoy
MEMBERS PRESENT: BonnyJean Bowman, Naomi Dasari, Melanie Dixon, Amy Gaudard, Adam Karp, Frank Kobayashi, Sarah Lehmann, Olga Prizhbilov, Mark Sheppard, Alisa Shubb, William Simpson, Tressa Tabares, Scott Crow, Nick Daily, Susan McCoy, Koue Vang,
INVITED GUEST(S): Chad Funk (substitute for Jeff Stephenson)
SUPPORTING RESOURCES (ITEMS READ IN PREPARATION FOR AND/OR BROUGHT TO MEETING):
Attached Files:
ELT Notes 02.17.21 (Draft)
Written Reports: Councils/Project Teams & Constituency Groups
ISER Standard I (Draft)
 
UPDATES AND BRIEF REPORTS:
Topic Person(s) Responsible Notes
Submitted constituency group leader updates/reports. *Reminder to submit written updates prior to ELT for review and follow up. Melanie Dixon
- Confirmed written updates are preferred over presenting at ELT
- Leaders can then discuss highlights during the meeting if they wish
Questions regarding written updates provided by constituency group leaders. Melanie Dixon
- Confirmed that updates will be provided in written form
- IGOR has ability for councils to provide updates; link and instructions to be provided prior to next meeting
- Will/can discuss highlights during meeting
ACTION ITEMS:
Question Person(s) Responsible Notes and Decision(s) Next Steps
Approval of February 17, 2021 Notes Melanie Dixon Thumbs up
Approved
       
DISCUSSION ITEMS:
Question Person(s) Responsible Notes and Next Steps
Post Covid Transition (Reopening on ground operations) - Ongoing Melanie Dixon / Frank Kobayashi - Impossible to convert classes will be moving to on-ground in the Fall
- Appreciation to Frank for his working to design the district-wide framework
Re-envision Student Services: What are the opportunities? What are the considerations/challenges? - Student Services is currently working to re-envision the delivery of support services
- Efforts currently underway to centralize Financial Aid and Records/Admissions
- Centralization will work to align processes and equalize workload
- Interest in working with Counselors given their close work with Financial Aid

Onboarding Melanie Dixon - Tremendous interest in developing onboarding process for all new employees
- Need to also provide continued updating and training possibilities for current employees to learn new processes, etc.
- An employee hired 20 years ago isn't doing the job as written in their original jog description
- Development of desk training manuals one possible resource
- Use crowd sourcing as a way of familiarizing new employees (i.e., Library using scavenger hunt to orient new librarians and staff)
- One thought is to use a project team to develop the framework
What is our collective goal? What is our collective focus? What is ur desired timeline?
College Address- 3/26/2021 Melanie Dixon - President Dixon and Vice Chancellor Rodriguez will be hosting a college-wide address related to the budget (8 am, March 26)
- Will discuss impact of new funding formula and the end of hold harmless
- Listening session for immediate thoughts and concerns will be held immediately after
What does your constituency want to know/learn? What topics are critical for a college-wide engagement series?
ITEMS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION:
Topic Contact Person
Integrated Planning Process
Student Equity and Achievement Program (SEAP)
ARC Return to On ground Operations College wide celebration.