Notes - Approved

Meeting Notes

NAME OF COUNCIL/TEAM: Executive Leadership Team
OBJECTIVE OF MEETING: To consider final adoption of the Sustainability Project Team Report, and learn more about the primary recommendations and associated implications of the SEM and Professional Development Project Team Reports.  Additionally, the ELT will learn about the purpose and importance of recommendations to modify the use of existing email distribution lists as well as to progress with the implementation of our campus indigenous learning platform via tribal flag displays.
DATE OF MEETING: 05/04/2020
TIME: 3:00pm-5:00 pm
LOCATION/ROOM #: Zoom
CALL-IN NUMBER:https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/392419980
CALL-IN CODE:
FACILITATOR(S): Thomas Greene
ASSISTANT: Sue McCoy
MEMBERS PRESENT: Aesha Abduljabbar, BonnyJean Bowman, Pamela Chao, Amy Gaudard, Thomas Greene, Kevin Hill, Adam Karp, Hironobu Kobayashi, Janay Lovering, Olga Prizhbilov, Alisa Shubb, William Simpson, Tressa Tabares, Regena Tiner, Alden Crow, Susan McCoy, Jeffrey Stephenson, Koue Vang,
INVITED GUEST(S): Kale Braden, Dyne Eifertsen, Jesus Valle
SUPPORTING RESOURCES (ITEMS READ IN PREPARATION FOR AND/OR BROUGHT TO MEETING):
Attached Files:
ELT Notes 03.02.20 (Draft)
Strategic Enrollment Management - Schedule Development Guidelines (First Reading)
ELT Notes 04.13.20 (draft)
New ARC Everyone on Exchange Email Guidelines Draft
Native Flags Display in Cafeteria - Request
Professional Development Project Team Recommendations/Plan
Institutional Campus Climate Survey -- Preliminary Reporting Notes
Zoom Instructions: http://bit.ly/ARCConferZoom (copy and paste into browser)  
UPDATES AND BRIEF REPORTS:
Topic Person(s) Responsible Notes
Council Chairs and/or Co-Chairs will provide an update on the work of their Councils, including efforts of their respective project Teams Chairs/Co-Chairs
Student Success Council
- Strategic Enrollment Management team report received approval
- first reading of DI report; second reading tomorrow
- received update from PD team
- reviewed two project team initiation requests; both will be on the next ELT agenda

Operations Council
- reviewed comments from last ELT meeting regarding Technology Master Plan 
- discussed local Native American tribal flag display
- ARC Everyone on Exchange email recommendations reviewed
- began discussion on religious inclusion guidelines

Institutional Effectiveness Council
- reviewed institutional research web pages
- PD & Training project team report was an action item
- discussed accreditation project team training held May 1
- beginning the planning stage for fall governance training
- research will be sending out survey to all governance participants
Constituency group representatives from the ASB, Classified Senate, Management and Academic Senate will provide brief updates on their current efforts Appropriate Leads
Students
- ASB:  nothing new to report
- CAEB:  brief report on club activities

Classified
- postponing elections until we return to on-ground work
- outgoing senators were asked to continue; replacements were appointed for those who chose not to
- classified employees want to know about bookstore transition and budget reductions (what can we count on as a baseline)
- Koue can provide some insight to Classified Senate on Bookstore
- info on budget is forthcoming

Academic Senate
- elections results:  all current officers re-elected
- many document readings
- working on revision/review of bylaws
- reviewing and making revisions to curriculum handbook

Management
- questions surface about what does fall look like
- likely the squishy space in between remote and on-ground work
- possible development of telecommuting
- things are changing very quickly
The Dean of Planning, Research and Technology will provide an overview of some preliminary results of the Campus Climate Survey and provide more information on the timeline for the release of the comprehensive report slated for Fall 2020. Adam Karp
- student survey conducted in the fall; employee survey conducted early in the spring semester
- last survey likely conducted in 1995
- great deal of collaboration with DI project team leads to develop survey
- 1300 students responded, 269 stafff
- survey results intended to prompt questions and conversations
- recommendation made to use a different term other than “non-white”
- appreciation of researchers work on this survey
ACTION ITEMS:
Question Person(s) Responsible Notes and Decision(s) Next Steps
Approval of March 2, 2020 Meeting Notes Thomas Greene Thumbs up
Approval of April 13, 2020 Meeting Notes Thomas Greene Thumbs up
Does the ELT support the adoption of the recommendations contained within the Sustainability Project Team Report (2nd Reading). Thomas Greene and Project Lead(s) - recommendation for separate office of sustainability cannot be supported at this time
- we will leverage current expertise
- thumbs up

DISCUSSION ITEMS:
Question Person(s) Responsible Notes and Next Steps
What are the key findings and primary recommendations of the Strategic Enrollment Management Project Team as contained in the "Schedule Development Guidelines." What do you see as the most significant implications associated with these recommendations? (First Reading) Team Leads - Kale Braden & Dyne Eifertsen presented
- appreciation for the leadership and work accomplished by the team
- report captures where we’ve been, where we are right now, and where we want to go
- tied into college mission and values in the work of scheduling
- currently going through Academic Senate readings as well
- recommend using our commitment to social justice opposed to values

What are the key findings, primary recommendations of the Professional Development Project Team as contained in the "Professional Development Project Team Report." What do you see as the most significant implications associated with these recommendations? (First Reading) Team Leads - Alisa Shubb presented
- includes alignment with institutional equity plan throughout the report
- looks to boldly define professional development
- looking for use of physical space while also acknowledging the use of virtual technology
- acknowledgement for the team’s work
- question: any discussion in priorities among coordinators
- creative opportunities exist to accomplish the report’s goals

What is the purpose and importance associated with placing local Native nations tribal flags along the grey border in the cafeteria? (Attachment) Thomas Greene and Guest (Jesus) - Jesus Valle presented
- serves as one tangible way the land statement becomes operationalized
- one step beyond perhaps a native garden
- allows interdisciplinary interaction to happen
- directly linked to recommendations and outcomes from DI report
- serves as a healing component
- ARC leads district in Native American recognition
- appreciation for Jesus’ leadership and collaboration and guidance
- display in cafeteria will be accessible to many on campus
- suggestion: perhaps have a theme throughout the Student Center and include a display in the Board Room
- looking to use our print shop to create a plaque acknowledging land statement and posting them around campus
- UAIC (United Auburn Indian Community) receives mitigation from developers and they in turn find a use for those funds in the community; perhaps ARC could be a recipient of those funds
- once out of remote operations, discussions about building out Native American recognition on campus will continue

What is the purpose and importance associated with the Operations Council's recommendations associated with the use of "ARC-All On Exchange" and other employee email distribution lists? (Attachment) Scott Crow - not trying to limit the promotion of campus events, etc., but want to provide some structure
- beginning discussion focused on guidelines and suggestions; over time discussion changed to providing procedures
-working with District to maintain and update the everyone-on-exchange lists
- perhaps include the above effort in the statement
- make certain that accessibility is a focus – no special programs needed to open attachments, etc.
- this is considered its first reading
- don’t want a perception that we’re taking something away while in remote operations; should be shared with all constituency groups, etc. as an information item

ITEMS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION:
Topic Contact Person
What are the general principles that we will be using to achieve our budget reduction targets? How do these same principles apply to how we continue to redesign the college in light of COVID-19? Thomas Greene