Notes - Approved

Meeting Notes

NAME OF COUNCIL/TEAM: Operations Council
OBJECTIVE OF MEETING: Review Updates for Safety, Operations/Facilities, IT, and Budgets
DATE OF MEETING: 03/22/2022
TIME: 1:30pm
LOCATION/ROOM #: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82769031008?pwd=ZWQyVmRKOGdkNHdwS1VkVTQ0SVozUT09
CALL-IN NUMBER:Meeting ID: 827 6903 1008
CALL-IN CODE: Passcode: 468548
FACILITATOR(S): Koue Vang, Matthew Blevis
ASSISTANT: Beth Madigan
MEMBERS PRESENT: Araceli Badilla, Pamela Bimbi, Matthew Blevis, BonnyJean Bowman, Jeff Bucher, Roger Davidson, Chris Day, Beth Madigan, Michele Arnott, Cheryl Sears, Robert Snowden, Stacey Burrows, Jan Delapp, Joshua Johnson, Koue Vang, Angie Velarde-Burch, Araceli Badilla, Lydia Chappell, Steve Roberson
INVITED GUEST(S): Frank Kobayashi, Sara Smith
SUPPORTING RESOURCES (ITEMS READ IN PREPARATION FOR AND/OR BROUGHT TO MEETING):
Attached Files:
Agora’s Light I, II, III
 
UPDATES AND BRIEF REPORTS:
Topic Person(s) Responsible Notes
What are the current safety concerns and plans? Chris Day
Captain gave update on campus threats and mitigation of threats, events being covered including graduation, football camp  and Parkinson's Walk. Staffing continues to be a challenge  and Los Rios is working with a recruiting company to fill vacancies. Safety Training and Active Shooter Training will resume in the Fall.
What is the update on the college budget? Koue Vang
HEERF funding has been extended through July 2023. A list of capital projects submitted by all areas has been compiled and prioritized based on safety and urgency. It was reviewed and approved by PET for the $3.5m Capital Funding Allocation in 11/2022. The final list was submitted to District and Facilities Management for review and approval. Once the list is confirmed, it will be shared with Operations Council.
What is the update on the COVID-19 process and protocols? Koue Vang
As of March 14, 2022, masks are recommended but not required on campus at this time.  New interactive COVID reporting. 
What is the status of the IT projects? Jeff Bucher
IT reports that a new process to access the HelpDesks is being implemented by District called "Service Now." Predict that this service goes live in summer. 

Macintosh computers used in faculty offices will be replaced starting with the oldest first. IT will transfer all data to new computers. Once replaced, no VPN or landing zone will be needed. Laptops may stay in the docking station at work or be taken home by faculty. Currently, there are 50 Macs to be distributed with more to come.

Commencement will be held on ground with streaming ability due to limited seating.

On campus, work stations continue to be upgraded: Student Services, Counseling, Admissions Records, 
Financial Aid and Workforce have been prioritized.
What is the status of the facilities projects? Cheryl Sears
Statues: A concern on the three statues outside the Welcome Center has been made. A meeting was held with the Art Committee to discuss the process of its construction. Packet was distributed before Operations Council. 

Track Signage has been created to reflect new usage policies. Reopening date is undecided at this time but will likely be after Graduation.

Food Truck: Drewski’s has stopped their regular schedule on campus because they were lose money. They may come on certain days. We are looking into small food truck vendors. 

Canteen: Cafeteria area open 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Thursday. The rest of the Student Center will remain closed.
	
Room Reservations: Reservation for internal groups is being recontinued, but indoor request will require approval by the department. Outside organizations can only reserve outdoors facilities at this time. https://arc.losrios.edu/about-us/our-facilities/arc-facilities-office 

Water Bottle Stations: All drinking fountain stations on campus are being replaced with water bottle filling stations. Replacement is estimated to be completed in the next few weeks. 

Biocept hours in the community rooms:
	Monday and Thursday 7am-4pm
	Tuesday and Wednesday 7am-4pm, 5pm-7pm
	
Operations still have mask available, despite the lifting of the mask restriction. You may come to the Ranch House and request mask, call x8255, or email ARC-Operations@arc.losrios.edu
ACTION ITEMS:
Question Person(s) Responsible Notes and Decision(s) Next Steps
  0
       
DISCUSSION ITEMS:
Question Person(s) Responsible Notes and Next Steps
How will the College respond to the ISER Core Inquiry regarding total cost of ownership? Frank Kobayashi ARC's Accreditation Liaison Officer updated Operations Council on the Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER), its status and timelines. Core Inquiries were submitted by the review team and are posted on the college website.

One core inquiry needs to be addressed by Operations Council regarding the Facilities Master Plan and the total cost of ownership of new buildings. Deadline for a response is late September 2022 at least two weeks before the visiting team arrives the week of October 10, 2022. A response group has been tapped to assist.
What are the recommendations to the nongendered and/or single-stall restrooms focus group? Cheryl Sears The President's Executive Team (PET) recommended that the Operations Council form a Project Team to address the issues around providing a "gender neutral" restroom.

The Project Team will be chaired by Operations Director. Recruitment of team members and criteria for serving were discussed. Sara Smith, Faculty Coordinator of the PRIDE Center, provided context and insight into the team makeup. Sara will speak to both the Academic and Classified Senates about the new Project Team.

We have upcoming meeting to be set with Mario Rodriquez and Pablo Manzo to attend the Operations Council Meeting. They will provide update on the when consultant report will be release to the college and college resuming conversation on gender neutral restroom Out interest is to have that happen this semester or could be first meeting in fall.
ITEMS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION:
Topic Contact Person
NA