What Happened In The Councils?
Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- ELT reviewed and provided feedback on the planned governance calendar for the 2020-21 academic year
- ELT authorized the work of the LGBTQIA+ Project Team and the AAPI Project Team as described within their respective project team charters.
- ELT supported the adoption of the Accreditation Project Team Charter.
- ELT supported the adoption of the recommendations contained within the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan as developed by the SEM Project Team. This item had been carried over from the spring to provide the Academic Senate more time to review and approve.
- ELT discussed opportunities and obstacles associated with an institution-wide adoption of the ARC Equitable Decision-making Tool and what would be required in order to facilitate a scaled adoption over the fall term. Suggested next steps based on discussion: 1) proposal for ELT to adopt at its next meeting to use this tool within ELT and embed into our governance structure, 2) move into constituency groups either as an information item or other for dialogue and inquiry with perhaps formal adoption in constituency groups, 3) think about how to support folks using the tool (create scenarios, embed in trainings, etc)
Student Success Council (SSC)
- Reviewed charters for the LGBTQIA+ and AAPI project teams; team leads have been collaborating over several weeks and teams are ready to move forward with the work
- - First meeting of the semester had a robust discussion on teaching/learning and students barriers in remote instruction
- - Future meeting will include a professional development update
- - Larger topic for the Council will be its accreditation work, focusing on the Standards in IIA, B, and C
Institutional Effectiveness Council (IEC)
- - Council had not yet met this month
- - Upcoming items include the organization of the accreditation self-evaluation project team to include a spreadsheet breaking out each accreditation standard and identifying individuals who will be responsible for identifying and locating the evidence needed
- - Support for DI project teams
- - Unit planning and program review – extension for unit planning and last spring’s program review will continue in the fall
- - Faculty access to equity data
Operations Council (OC)
- - First meeting was held
- - Topics covered include 1) update on operations and on-ground courses; 2) update on technology (returning and re-issuing); 3) budget
What Are We Working On?
For future consideration by ELT:
- Presentation on progress achieved in the implementation of previously adopted project team recommendations.
- Presentation on findings from the 2019 Campus Climate Survey Report.