What Happened In The Councils?
Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Reviewed the work of the constituency groups -
- Management - Professional development training provided for administrators on religious inclusion/worldview and development of an interfaith calendar to inform scheduling practices
- Faculty - Work on updating faculty handbook including the provision of advice on syllabus content. Additionally, looking at impact of finals week on student success with student input
- Classified - Classified retreat meeting with representatives from Madera College, which is currently in process to become an accredited institution
- Students - Attended parliamentary procedure conference and planning for an upcoming leadership conference; discussed providing support for students for before finals (e.g. snacks) and for winter (e.g. socks, blankets); expressed student concerns about Aramark contract; will review pathways communities information packet at next meeting
- DI Populations project team composition affirmed
- Governance Recommendations Implementation Tracking (GRIT) Report draft document designed to track recommendations of project teams and recognize work accomplished; to be embedded in governance system; will be sustained by PES
- Pathways Communities and First-term Course Schedules are key components of the next major stage of our student facing redesign; integration with Areas of Interest
- ARC's Advanced Industry facilities concept is being considered for inclusion in ARC facilities master plan
Student Success Council (SSC)
- Equity Action Institute -- needs volunteers to read apps and serve on participant selection committee
- Campus Climate -- discussions concerning the sign in HUB and the recent Brave Space Dialogs; several facilitated conversations occurring throughout the campus to promote healing; counseling is also available for those who need it
- Data on Demand -- researchers discussed how to access and use the system, including the source and integrity of data; training is needed for departments wanting to use data
- Clarification around first-term scheduling, FYE, Pathways Communitites, Achieve
Institutional Effectiveness Council (IEC)
- Professional Development Project Team -- framework of plan will build on Institutional Equity Plan; discussions regarding funding, aligning interests with campus groups
- Institutional Campus Climate Survey -- Purpose of survey and how will the results be utilized; collaboration with DI team leads
- Program Review -- this year's cohort has received training; annual unit planning section of Integrated Planning Portal has been updated; notes for continuous improvement, connection to accreditation discussed
- Governance Member Training -- Beware the Colonization of Equity Efforts, by Jackie Reza
- Follow up on State Auditor's IT recommendations -- input from Council reflected that the annual unit planning process is sufficient to ensure interests are represented
- Tracking Project Team Recommendations -- Shared draft report for governance redesign implementation
- ACCJC -- process changes for reaffirmation of accreditation; institutional self-evaluation report (ISER) will be due 1/2022; accreditation timeline discussed; LRCCD District Accreditation Coordinating Committee (DACC) occurred 11/1; initiating a project team is an option to author ISERB
Operations Council (OC)
- Facilities -- Construction of Wellness Center underway; Welcome Center moving forward; hydronics line trench nearing completion, pathway will open soon; STEM building now has a roof
- Wayfinding/sign shop -- Parking lot signage going up first, then exterior buildings, completion set for 1/20.
- Technology -- Student email accounts sustained only after enrollment
- Safety -- New LRPD hiring process in progress; fire drills complete at ARC; ACES and PAT have been discontinued, EOC is being discussed; there have been tours, safety talks; Coffee with a Cop is coming soon
- Sustainability Project Team - The 2025 regulations were discussed and the co-chair will be attending upcoming sustainability conferences; considerations by the team are: engagement, environment, food, technology, curriculum, labs, landscaping, waste management, water, and accessibility.
What Are We Working On?
- Pathways Communities implementation and first-term course schedules is the next phase of the student facing redesign
- Discuss the key takeaways learned from the free speech workshop that was presented by the General Council at the district office